Monday, September 2, 2013

I'm a fan of Yen right now.

Here's an FB picture of one of my tankers headed out to do it's duty. I work on the Aerial Refueling Store that hangs on the centerline station.



Anyway, I'm back in Japan for couple of weeks before I go back out to sea to complete this year's deployment. I didn't trade for the week I was back, but then the currency bug bit and I started going over setups. On the 27th, I entered a USD/JPY range trade on the 4 hour chart that just ended swimmingly at my 200 pip target.



Nothing special, just a range trade. I drew the channel lines after the trade closed to watch if the price action will break the channel over the next couple of days.

Happy to be back. As always, comment on the blog if you see something of interest, or have any questions. I don't just post winners, so go back over some older posts and check out what not to do.

Good Luck trading,
STT


2 comments:

  1. Why do you use this indicator for this pair? I am re learning after lost big money for long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't use the Ichimoku to enter the trade, even though it's on the chart. It's a range trade, so when it hit the lower end of the channel, I entered, and set a price target towards the top of the range. Thanks so much for you comments!

      Delete