Friday, December 13, 2013

Back in business

Good morning traders,

I'm back from my regularly scheduled deployment.

It took a couple of weeks to get back into trading after essentially 5 months of no access to my currency platform, and severely limited internet access for stock and options trading.

Here's a couple of pics and a video from my latest jaunt throughout the Pacific:

 
Above is barbecued chicken and baby octopus with a sweet and spicy sauce from Busan Korea


And here is our maintenance officer during an intercept of a Russian IL-38 near the sea of Japan.
 
 
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pc-Z00J7lz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 
 
On Thursday I was able to pull 98 pips by shorting Aussie against the US Dollar. I use a 4 hour chart, with a 200 period moving average as a trend direction indicator. I'm using Parabolic SAR as an entry trigger when price action is below the 200 MA.
 
I had good luck with this during my summer break, and my first trade back is validating the strategy for me.
 
 
As always, comment if something catches your fancy or if you have any questions or want to talk stocks options and currencies.
 
Keep trading,
STT




2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am Nichole from Thailand,BKK. I am a housewife who have started access to the Forex investment.I accessed by haven't had any knowledge of its just because I thought it's easy but I was wrong.I learnt on my tear and I won't end up investment. I will be your fan and learn from you.I like your style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole. Sorry to take so long in my reply, but I was on a ship and I was not able to get to my blog. I hope that since you mailed you were able to learn and find success in Forex. My best trades come from following a trend and finding good entries. Most of the best entries come around the 200MA. Also don't have any one trade put more than 5% capital at risk. Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete